[antlr-interest] help required: accessing intermediary output ASTs in tree parser

Si Fraser mail at sifraser.com
Fri Jan 30 15:23:53 PST 2004

I think I'm probably missing somthing obvious here, but please somebody
point it out to me -- I'm getting incredibly frustrated! Consider the
following tree parser:

start! : #(spec:SPECIFICATION (section|paragraph)+)
		{	// How do I refer to the children of SPECIFICATION
			// that have been modified by the following rules?

			// If I use spec.getFirstChild() I get first child
			// of original parse tree, and not the transformed
			// tree that has been created by the section/
			// paragraph rules

			// If I do (s:section|p:paragraph)+ then I only get
			// the reference to the last section/paragraph
			// created.

			// I'm assuming that there must be some way to refer
			// to the indiviual section/paragraphs matched and
			// their associated trees. Having searched the docs.
			// etc. I can't it! Can anyone help me??
		}

section! : #(NAMED_SECTION NAME LEFTSQ FORMALS RIGHTSQ (paragraph)+)
		{	// Manual tree creation
		}

paragraph! : #(GEN_SCH_PARA NAME schema_text END)
		{	// Manual tree creation
		}
 etc....

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Please let me know if I need to
clarify what I'm asking (it's quite hard to express exactly what I want).

Cheers,
Si
---

To visit your group on the web, go to: