[antlr-interest] Could someone answer me,please?

Kaleb Pederson kibab at icehouse.net
Tue Jul 6 22:41:07 PDT 2004

On Tuesday 06 July 2004 2:12 am, Ric Klaren wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 06, 2004 at 08:27:31AM -0000, yjargudo wrote:
> > The only thing that I need a clean grammar (without any antlr action
> > inserted)that recognize c++. There are some place where I can get It?
>
> The only antlr grammar that does C++ I'm aware of is the one you used from
> David. It depends on how thorougly you want to recognize C++ wether it will
> work without action code or subsequent tree walking/post processing.

If you use the -html switch to antlr.Tool, you can generate HTML which
contains just the grammar.  You can then copy and paste the grammar, without
actions, back into a text file and you now have an action free grammar.

It's kind of a hack, but it should work.  I find the formatting particularly
annoying, but that's just my personal preference....

Hope that helps.

--Kaleb