[antlr-interest] Can't create AST Node?

Tiller, Michael (M.M.) mtiller at ford.com
Thu Jul 8 07:54:09 PDT 2004

createUsingCtor
> and
> create(Class c) methods in ASTFactory.java. Or put a breakpoint /
trace
> code in ASTFactory.getASTNodeType(int tokenType) and see from there.
The
> error message comes from the creat(Class c) method (that btw has no
other
> information to make the error clearer)

Actually, I've reached the end of the rope with heterogenous AST types
in ANTLR.  It was such a pain to do this in C++ and I see a whole new
horizon of problems on the Java side.  I'm just going to bite the bullet
and turn "buildAST" off and make the tree myself.  It is just too much
trouble (for me) to deal with all the inheritance and casting issues.
The downside is that this tosses tree parsing right out the window but I
haven't really used the tree parser stuff anyway so I'm not losing much
there.

--
Mike