[antlr-interest] AST writer

thrutchy eric_mahurin at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 14 14:44:38 PDT 2004

Is there a way to write out an AST in the same format as it was parsed
into the AST without having to write a tree-parser rule for each rule
of the parser?  To do this, I would assume you couldn't put in any
"!"/"^" in the rules and the text can't be munged or ignored (i.e.
whitespace/comments).

I would like to write a language munger that does this:

1. Read language input into an AST

2. Do manipulations to the AST (via a tree-walker or manually)

3. Write the AST out in the same input language

I would prefer not to have to specify the language twice - once in the
parser and once in the writer.