[antlr-interest] writing a full code translator with antlr

Monty Zukowski monty at codetransform.com
Mon Jul 19 20:21:56 PDT 2004

On Jul 19, 2004, at 9:43 AM, Mark Gaffney wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I'm currently (trying to) build a code translator to convert legacy
> code
> (eg pl/sql or informix4gl) to Java. I'm using ALTLR to generate the AST
> from the legacy code.
> I was wondering if anyone has done something similar and in particular
> wanted to know how to go about the AST to Java step and whether I can
> do
> this step using ANTLR ? or by some other means

Check out my web pages below.  I've got a couple of general articles on
translation as well as the GCC transformation toolkit which is a full
blown identity translator (text->AST->text).

I'm also available for consulting.  I can help you design a translation
strategy and help implement it as well.  I also help out on the list a
lot, but my time here is limited.

Monty

ANTLR & Java Consultant -- http://www.codetransform.com
ANSI C/GCC transformation toolkit --