[antlr-interest] ANTLR generated C (not C++), anyone??

Bryan Ewbank ewbankb at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 21 07:46:32 PDT 2004

I'm evaluating ANTLR as a replacement for lex, yacc, and several
thousand lines of source code in a legacy system.  The key problem is
that ANTLR generates C++ code - not C - and there doesn't seem to be
a clear way for C to interface neatly with C++.

So, is anyone working on (or know of work on) an ANTLR that generates
POCC (plain old C code) for us poor folks that have substantial
embedded bases?

Please don't suggest recompiling everything with G++; it simply won't
happen in my lifetime due to the hackish nature of the code, as well
as the possibility of increasingly complex code.

Thanks for any and all pointers,
- Bryan Ewbank