[antlr-interest] Re: newbie question

Ward Flores wardf at sympatico.ca
Tue Jun 8 06:45:42 PDT 2004

Well, what I need is to generate a sort of chart that shows basically
the classes, fonctions and the inter-relations between them (ex.
design pattern used). So, I guess a trivial parse could be enough.

Now, you said it suffice to turn on automatic treebuilding for that. I
know I have to set the buildAST "flag" to true, that's the only thing
I'm sure. Could you help me about the other things I have to do please?

I apreciate your help.

Ward

--- In antlr-interest at yahoogroups.com, Ric Klaren <klaren at c...> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 07, 2004 at 09:05:02PM -0000, Ward Flores wrote:
> > Could someone tell me if we can generate AST from any C++ source code
> > using ANTLR and a C++ grammar (for exemple the one offered in
antlr.org)?

> The antlr.org grammar has no treebuilding rules attached to it, but it's
> possible to add those. Depending on how good/thorough you need to
parse the
> input this can be close to trivial (turn on automatic treebuilding)
up to
> non-trivial (depends on how much C++ you need to interpret).
>
> Cheers,
>
> Ric
> --

>     ---- Ric Klaren ----- j.klaren at u... ----- +31 53 4893755  ----

>  Why don't we just invite them to dinner and massacre them all when
they're
>   drunk? You heard the man. There's seven hundred thousand of them.
Ah? ..