[antlr-interest] building ASTs from a C++ grammar

Ward Flores wardf at sympatico.ca
Thu Jun 10 12:00:06 PDT 2004

As I can see in the C++ grammars, they don't seem to support yet ASTs
buildings. I mean Terence Parr shows in "An Introduction to ANTLR"
that to generate ASTs from a grammar, we should: ... turn on the
buildAST option and add few suffix operators to tell ANTLR what tokens
should be subtree roots.

I didn't see those suffix operators in the C++ grammar available at
antlr.org or in the C++ grammar updated by Ric Klaren. Now,
considering that I'm new to this, I'm not 100% sure of this so could
someone confirm me that those C++ grammars don't support ASTs
buildings please?

Thanks in advance.

Ward