[antlr-interest] Installing C++ Antlr

Anthony Youngman Anthony.Youngman at ECA-International.com
Sun Jun 13 23:58:06 PDT 2004

Thanks. I was worried that might be it :-(

So I've got to update my system to 9.1 (that implies 7.2 is about 2-3
years old - I can't remember).

Oh well, I was hoping to avoid that.

Cheers,
Wol

-----Original Message-----
From: Ric Klaren [mailto:klaren at cs.utwente.nl]
Sent: 11 June 2004 16:30
To: antlr-interest at yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [antlr-interest] Installing C++ Antlr

On Fri, Jun 11, 2004 at 03:52:58PM +0100, Anthony Youngman wrote:
> ASTFactory.cpp:15: istream: No such file or directory

Smells like a very old gcc. The problem is that it probably only has
istream.h and not the standard compliant istream include usually one can
work around this by symlinking the file x.h to x.

Another workaround is to grab a newer gcc and use that one for the
complete
project (mixing C++ code of different gcc's is usually a bad idea due to
load of ABI changes). If this suse still has 2.95.2/3 as compiler than
you'll love gcc 3 since it has a lot better error messages.

The latest 3.3 release gcc is a good one. 3.4 also does well but has
more
trouble with 'old' code. (also error messages are a bit wackier, mostly
guess due to the new frontend for C++ compiling is my guess)

Cheers,

Ric
--
-------

This transmission is intended for the named recipient only. It may contain private and confidential information. If this has come to you in error you must not act on anything disclosed in it, nor must you copy it, modify it, disseminate it in any way, or show it to anyone. Please e-mail the sender to inform us of the transmission error or telephone ECA International immediately and delete the e-mail from your information system.

Telephone numbers for ECA International offices are: Sydney +61 (0)2 8272 5300, Hong Kong + 852 2121 2388, London +44 (0)20 7351 5000 and New York +1 212 582 2333.