[antlr-interest] Re: How to use antlr

jay_ayliff jay_ayliff at compuserve.com
Thu Jun 17 04:04:17 PDT 2004

Thanks for the clarification. If only I can get it to work. Just now
I've spent three hours at the "Exception in thread "main"
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Antlr/Tool" ...hurdle, which appears
to be some kind of initiation rite.

ANTLR is in F:\antlr-2.7.3, and I've set my path environment
variable to:

%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\system32
\WBEM;f:\antlr-2.7.3;f:\antlr-2.7.3/antlr.jar;

But I still get the error when I run java antlr.Tool from the
command line. I put a little .BAT file in the f:\antlr-2.7.3 folder
and the command line finds that. Is there something wrong in the way
I'm referring to the JAR file?

Jay