antlr-interest added to Gmane

Arnar Birgisson arnarb at oddi.is
Tue Jun 22 02:05:28 PDT 2004

Hey there,

> ANTLR is unfunded ;) er...funded by me. :)  I've considered doing our
> own list multiple times...yeah, yahoo sucks.  Are google lists any
> better (I think I saw that they had them).

If you have the hardware and MX records set up in DNS then running the
software is fairly easy. I'm running Exim MTA and Mailman list manager
for our internal lists and after setting it up it pretty much runs
itself. Mailman comes with advanced list management features such as
putting all kinds of limits on messages, moderating and a web interface
to the list archives. If you can provide the resources I would be
willing to assist with the software setup and management.

I haven't heard of Google mailing lists, but that doesn't mean there are
none :o) There are however SourceForge and some SourceForge clones, like
GForge, Savannah and others that allow you to set up a project and give
you free access to mailing list software, CVS or subversion, forums,
file upload areas and bug tracking. Creating a project and only using
the mailing lists is quite allright too.

Arnar