[antlr-interest] Re: unicode strings using supplemental char range

lgcraymer lgc at mail1.jpl.nasa.gov
Sat Jun 26 13:16:56 PDT 2004

Ter--

I have to say that I am not a fan of the "cave man" approach.  ANTLR
2.x is available for backwards compatibility; there is no point in not
requiring 1.4 or maybe even 1.5 and figure out a clean way to
implement the ANTLR runtime with generics.  I've discovered that
unnecessarily reinventing the wheel is usually a waste of effort, and
focusing on backwards compatibility guarantees that you do a lot of
wheel reinvention.  Make it easy on yourself!

--Loring