[antlr-interest] C++ parser

Ric Klaren klaren at cs.utwente.nl
Fri Mar 5 01:40:49 PST 2004

Hi,

On Thu, Mar 04, 2004 at 01:45:33PM -0000, navneetarvind wrote:
> I'm completely new to parsing...
>
> I've been trying to get the C++ parser put up on teh website to work
> with ANTLR...but it keeps throwing up errors in the "CPPParser.g"
> file..
>
> I dunno if its a coincidence but all the files that throw up these
> errors have an "include CPPParser.hpp" statement in them...

Did you run antlr on the .g files first ? (in the right order if there's
more than one) I'm not really familiar with the grammar on the website.

> I'm running VC++ 6.0.

Some more information would be helpfull if it's not the above. Like antlr
version used. And what exact error.

If you're new to parsing then starting with a C++ grammar is probably not
the best approach. You got one of the meanest languages to parse there.
Starting with the antlr examples and Terence's lectures (linked somewhere
on antlr.org) is probably a less frustrating start.

Cheers,

Ric
    ---- Ric Klaren ----- j.klaren at utwente.nl ----- +31 53 4893722  ----