[antlr-interest] Free MSVC compiler

matthew ford Matthew.Ford at forward.com.au
Fri Mar 12 23:43:33 PST 2004

Here is the info that pointed me to it.  As I said I have not actually
tested it.

matthew

http://www.thefreecountry.com/compilers/cpp.shtml

"Unbelievably, the Microsoft Visual C/C++ command line compiler, along with
C#, VB.NET and JScript.NET, appears to be available from Microsoft for
download for free. (Note that if you use the Opera web browser to go to this
URL, set Opera to pretend that it is Mozilla (just hit F12 and select
Mozilla 5.0), otherwise Microsoft's web server will redirect you to a dummy
page. Their browser detection script, which serves different pages to
different browsers, is broken.) You will also need to download the Microsoft
Platform SDK which contains the Windows headers and libraries for the
compilers. The command line compiler is the same one that comes with the
commercial Visual C++ Standard, which means that it does not have an
optimizer (or at least, not the optimizer that ships with the Professional
version that comes with MSDN). "