[antlr-interest] Antlr v3: Trees

John D. Mitchell johnm-antlr at non.net
Wed Mar 17 09:20:51 PST 2004

I know that a major overhaul is coming on the tree handling stuff but I
just wanted to state publically that this is, to me, *the* area where Antlr
can really make a huge difference to the state of practice.

Grammar-based tree transformation is great not just for the traditional
language "compiler" world but is also key to cleaning up all of the ad hoc
tree crap that people are doing as part of the tidal wave of XML.

Speaking of XML, I think that it's critical to make sure that Antlr v3
efficiently and effectively supports XML recognition, validation, and
transformation.

Go wild,
	John