[antlr-interest] Re: ANTLR 2.7.3 release candidate 3 available

lgcraymer lgc at mail1.jpl.nasa.gov
Thu Mar 18 16:24:09 PST 2004

I'll add to that.  I've got a C++ version of the parse tree debug stuff working, and extended it to handle tree parsers (Java and C++
versions).  I've also got code for a lexer version (Java), but have had no time to get that working.   I'm using the ParseTreeDebug
classes to debug the C++ code generation for my tree stuff as well as the Java version in a language-independent fashion.  It will help
a lot that Micheal has a C# version--I've modified CSharpCodeGenerator.java, but have no way of testing generated C# code.  I'm
expecting to install the ParseTreeDebugParser and ParseTreeDebugTreeParser classes as antlr.test.Parser and antlr.test.TreeParser
in 2.8 (or antlr::test::Parser and antlr::test::TreeParser for C++).  I have also added some options and flags to support the language
independence--I'm not quite there yet, but the idea is to use one set of grammar files for testing all three runtimes.

That just leaves the C++ version of the TokenStreamRewriteEngine as a missing feature.  Any volunteers?

--Loring