[antlr-interest] Re: ANTLR 2.7.3 release candidate 3 available

micheal_jor open.zone at virgin.net
Fri Mar 19 14:13:30 PST 2004

--- In antlr-interest at yahoogroups.com, "lgcraymer" <lgc at m...> wrote:
> --- In antlr-interest at yahoogroups.com, Ric Klaren <klaren at c...> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Great the DebugParser stuff is then covered :) and glad I didn't start
> > hacking on those.
> >
> > On Fri, Mar 19, 2004 at 12:24:09AM -0000, lgcraymer wrote:
> > > I'm expecting to install the ParseTreeDebugParser and
> > > ParseTreeDebugTreeParser classes as antlr.test.Parser and
> > > antlr.test.TreeParser in 2.8 (or antlr::test::Parser and
> > > antlr::test::TreeParser for C++).
> >
> > Slight nitpick ;) but why use a different convention as the java
part? E.g.
> > not antlr::debug::TreeParser etc.
>
> They are really the same--it's just that the two languages differ in
their namespace qualifier syntax--'.' vs '::'.  C# follows Java in
this, so
> I have to translate '.'s to '::'s for packages when generating C++.

I think he meant the actual package/namespace naming:

He want to know why you've decided to use
   antlr.test.Parser       (or antlr::test::Parser)
   antlr.test.TreeParser   (or antlr::test::TreeParser )

instead of the "original"
   antlr.debug.Parser      (or antlr::debug::Parser)
   antlr.debug.TreeParser  (or antlr::debug::TreeParser )

Cheers,

Micheal