[antlr-interest] Re: ASTFrame

Anthony Youngman Anthony.Youngman at ECA-International.com
Thu Mar 25 00:30:14 PST 2004

Why not do what a lot of people do - add a letter to indicate a bugfix
rev.

So release it as 2.7.3a, along with a note that it fixes a bug in the
makefile. Those who don't do "make", don't need it.

If you make it absolutely standard that a letter increment is only ever
a logged bugfix, then people can be confident that all variants of 2.7.3
are compatible (provided they work :-)

Cheers,
Wol

-----Original Message-----
From: Terence Parr [mailto:parrt at cs.usfca.edu]
Sent: 24 March 2004 21:58
To: antlr-interest at yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [antlr-interest] Re: ASTFrame

On Mar 24, 2004, at 1:18 PM, lgcraymer wrote:
> The disciplined approach would be to withdraw the release, relabel it
> 2.7.3rc4 after the fix, and reopen the evaluation period for a week or

> so.

I was mainly thinking that given that people have downloaded 2.7.3
already and we don't want multiple versions floating around, we should
immediately do a 2.7.4 ;)

Ter
Cofounder, http://www.jguru.com
Cofounder, http://www.peerscope.com pure link sharing

This transmission is intended for the named recipient only. It may contain private and confidential information. If this has come to you in error you must not act on anything disclosed in it, nor must you copy it, modify it, disseminate it in any way, or show it to anyone. Please e-mail the sender to inform us of the transmission error or telephone ECA International immediately and delete the e-mail from your information system.

Telephone numbers for ECA International offices are: Sydney +61 (0)2 9911 7799, Hong Kong + 852 2121 2388, London +44 (0)20 7351 5000 and New York +1 212 582 2333.