[antlr-interest] Re: StringTemplate

Terence Parr parrt at cs.usfca.edu
Sun May 2 10:58:21 PDT 2004

On May 2, 2004, at 10:34 AM, william_surowiec wrote:

> I wish to thank the community for the help - thank you all :)
>
> The problem turned out to be my use of arrays. As soon as I changed
> to representing my nested piles of stuff (Person, School, Course) as
> Lists (implemented as ArrayLists) problems evaporated.

Ah.  that is a bug.  I forgot to convert arrays to List interface when
pulled from properties...that's on my to do list ;)

>  (Reading the
> source code did help. What a nice testimonial to open source tools -
> code and a community of developers available over the weekend - can
> any commercial tool beat that?)

hooray!

> What a delightful tool!

I blushing!

>  A few lines of template code (expressed
> logically over 3 small text files) and a complex Java representation
> gets expressed as a complex xml-ish blob - hot dog!

Hot diggity dog!  Can I use your quote for the site?

Wait til you see my 2.0 version that is better suited to the programmer
related translation than html page gen. :)

Thanks,
Ter