[antlr-interest] 2004 Dr. T's Traveling Parsing Revival and Beer Tasting Festival

Terence Parr parrt at cs.usfca.edu
Sun May 9 10:17:26 PDT 2004

On May 8, 2004, at 9:09 PM, Mark Lentczner wrote:

> Hallelujah and Tokens Be!
>
> I can come preach about testing strategies, and/or Unicode w/2.x and
> C++, and/or give a chalk talk about how we used Antlr to build Wheat.

Sounds awesome!

> Would there be a 3.0 study group?

You bet.  Even a demo!  I should have analysis and basic code gen ideas
coded by then.  Then the really hard part starts: writing the manual /
spec for support behavior like attributes, trees, unicode, etc...

> I'd love to talk about some of the
> less sexy things that could be in 3.0.  LLRL-LOL(n:-) or whatever
> you're doing is cool, but there are some other things that might be
> nice...

Yep, the support stuff is all built on top of the core engine I'm
making.

>> Who's up for it?  Does early August work?  2 days ought to be
>> sufficient.  Should it be thu/fri or on the weekend or what?
> August is fine.  Weekend is better for me, but thu/fri is also doable.

Excellent

> 	- Brother Mark

May you walk in "parse",
Padre Parr

> Oh, and I vote for beer.

Woohoo!  The "Pig and the Whistle" is walking distance and serves food
that is good after 3 beers. ;)

Ter