[antlr-interest] Problem w/ string rule

chiplastique jeremyj at imtc.gatech.edu
Wed May 19 15:17:35 PDT 2004

I have the following simple lexer rule for identifying strings:

STRING
	;

This rule should recognize any sequence of characters enclosed by
double quotes.  However, I've discovered that strings including
certain punctuation characters such as '\', '`', or ';' cause ANTLR
to throw a TokenStreamRecognitionException in the STRING rule.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?  I'm using the 2.7.2
runtime for C#.

Thanks!