[antlr-interest] VC7 DOT NET ANTRL 2.7.3 Compilation

meilland78 jean-claude.meilland at experian-scorex.com
Thu May 27 06:44:55 PDT 2004

Hello,

When I compile antrl C++ Version 2.7.3 with Visual Studio DOT NET
2003 I get an warning on Config.hpp :

antlrlib\cpp\antlr\config.hpp(81): warning
C4005: 'ANTLR_CXX_SUPPORTS_NAMESPACE' : macro redefinition
// as of 7.0 it seems to support namespaces.
# if ( _MSC_VER >= 1300 )
#	define ANTLR_CXX_SUPPORTS_NAMESPACE
# endif

And then an error in same file Config.hpp
c:\DATA\DEV\DevTrs\Work50\antlrlib\cpp\antlr\config.hpp(268): fatal
error C1017: invalid integer constant expression
#if ANTLR_CXX_SUPPORTS_NAMESPACE == 1
# define ANTLR_BEGIN_NAMESPACE(_x_) namespace _x_ {
# define ANTLR_END_NAMESPACE }
#else
# define ANTLR_BEGIN_NAMESPACE(_x_)
# define ANTLR_END_NAMESPACE
#endif

I got it to work by simply commenting out the
/*# if ( _MSC_VER >= 1300 )
#	define ANTLR_CXX_SUPPORTS_NAMESPACE
# endif*/

I would just like to know if I did something wrong or if this is a
bug ?

I'm going to try out with 2.7.4 now.

Cheers,

J.Claude.