[antlr-interest] ANTLR Book

Terence Parr parrt at cs.usfca.edu
Thu May 27 07:57:18 PDT 2004

On May 27, 2004, at 4:41 AM, fehrin at t-online.de wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On www.antlr.org i read
>
> [about ANTLR book] This is a book after my own heart: practical! I
> agree with the author: Programmers want ...
>  Frank DeRemer, inventor of SLR and LALR
>
> What is the ANTLR book?

That is the PCCTS book (previous ANTLR version).

> More to the point, in former times there were some work in progress
> chapters
> from an emerging ANTLR book.
> Is this still work in progress?

Not much progress, but yes I intend to get back to it.  I have a
roadmap in my head that focuses first on ANTLR 3.0 and possibly
starting up a book on the tool (not a big language book such as I have
started) at the same time and then I have lots of papers to write this
year...

Terence