[antlr-interest] GnuC/C99?

John D. Mitchell johnm-antlr at non.net
Thu Nov 4 09:08:18 PST 2004

[...]
> I've actually got a set of notes on this since I wrote a bid to upgrade
> the toolkit to C99.

Excellent.

> I also have one other client who started a C99 grammar from the spec.
> It's not working yet but it might be another good starting point.
> Probably less work to start with the GCC toolkit, but this client wanted
> a clear mapping from rules to sections in the spec.

Hmm... Did the committee significantly change the grammar in the C99 spec?
FWIW, the StdC grammar was (originally) built to parallel the original
Standard C specification but with the appropriate/necessary LR->LL
changes. So, I'm not clear on how starting from scratch with the C99 spec
would be any better than starting with the old StdC grammar.

Thanks,
	John