[antlr-interest] "protected" lexer rules

John B. Brodie jbb at acm.org
Sun Nov 7 20:47:20 PST 2004

On Sun, 07 Nov 2004 15:47:57, John D. Mitchell wrote:
>> perhaps there is a different "section"; one for regular rules and then
>> one for these shared rules?
>
>Naw, I prefer to have the helper rules next to the rule that they help.

FWIW I agree with this and John Mitchell's other comments.

And I agree (with Loring?) that maybe `helper` would be a better
keyword.... Or perhaps one of these:

subrule
sub-rule
sub_rule

auxiliary

auxrule
aux-rule
aux_rule

At this time I believe I prefer the keyword `sub-rule`. But perhaps having
a hyphen inside a keyword might be bothersome to some people...

	-jbb