[antlr-interest] Re: "protected" lexer rules

Bryan Ewbank ewbank at synopsys.com
Mon Nov 8 06:51:52 PST 2004

Perhaps I'm in the minority here, but "protected" defines precisely what it
does; all rules default to "public", but those which are  not to be accessed
by clients are marked "protected".

What's the fuss?  It's not really broken, and this seems somewhat a
gratuitous
difference between 2.x and 3.x.

-- Bryan Ewbank