[antlr-interest] Re: "protected" lexer rules

John D. Mitchell johnm-antlr at non.net
Mon Nov 8 11:35:57 PST 2004

[...]

> How about "explicit", as in C++? Or some word that means the rule must be
> invoked or referenced from another rule.

Not!

That's worse than "protected". I.e., all of the meaning of "explicit" (in
this case) is *implicit*!  That's Unspeakable Evil(tm)!

Of the proposed names so far, besides "shorthand", "alias" is the only one
whose meaning has a direct bearing on the actual nature of that type of
helper rule.

Take care,
	John