[antlr-interest] structure parameter access

silverio.di at qem.it silverio.di at qem.it
Mon Nov 8 23:16:09 PST 2004

I've a problem with a simple language which have
some grammar likeness to C/C++ & Java.

I've tried to read the C & Java grammars on ANTLR
web page but I isn't been able to uderstand how they
solve my question.

My language say that:

a) struct_name.struct_parameter

How you can see (a) is likeness to c statement.
My throuble is that in between struct_name and '.' I can't
admit spaces chars and between '.' and struct_parameter
I can't admit spaces chars too. I think this is same behaviour
required to a C/C++ program.

But I don't understand how to obtain that starting from:

statement : label | struct_assign;
label : LABEL EOL;
struct_assign : IDENT POINT IDENT ASSIGN IDENT EOL;

WS : (' ' | '\t' | '\f') { $setType(Token.SKIP); };
EOL : ("\r\n" | '\r' | '\n'   ) { newline(); };
POINT : '.';
IDENT : ('a'..'z')+;

Thank you very much for your suggestions...
Silverio Diquigiovanni