[antlr-interest] ANTLR 3 tree structure stuff

Oliver Zeigermann oliver.zeigermann at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 00:28:33 PST 2004

I know there has been a discussion about this some time ago, but could
you explain this for me once more, please?

I thought if you translated (traversed) DOMs instead of ASTs as well
what what be the difficulty if they have some incompatible method
signatures? The DOM objects certainly won't implement the AST
interface, will they? Wouldn't you need different code for both
traversals anyway as the DOM does not have any integer type
information. Additionally it has attributes along with elements and
encodes a document only. Having said this it seems DOM and AST are
semantically incompatible, so why bother on the signature level?

Most likely I got everything wrong again, and if so would you please
explain how it really is supposed to work?

Thanks,

Oliver