[antlr-interest] Recovering from missing tokens

Joan Pujol joanpujol at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 14:07:14 PST 2004

Hello,

I have a pseudocode language similar to java. Now I want to start the
syntactic error checks and recovery.
(I use lookahead of 1 token)
If I have:

algorism

const
	CONST1:integer=10   //CONST1 is an ident
fconst

var
	a:integer   //a is an ident
fvar
//Start of code for exemple an assignment
a:=10	 //a is an ident

falgorism

If for example the user forgot to put the const token.
What is the best way to solve the error and recovery from it?

Because the parser gets CONST1 (an identifier) and put the parser in
the code rule. And the I think that is very hard to recovery.

A lot of thanks in advance,

--
Joan Jesús Pujol Espinar