[antlr-interest] building ASTs for recursive lists

Lally Singh lally.singh at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 09:09:55 PST 2004

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 08:57:57 -0800, John D. Mitchell
<johnm-antlr at non.net> wrote:

> > logicalExpression : relationalExpression ( logicalOperator^
> > relationalExpression )*
> Well, note clearly that you have a sub-clause there which can be *zero*.
You mean the * matching nothing? What would I note it for?  Sorry, my
last project was JavaCC, this is all still pretty new to me.

> > To build a proper tree.  Why can't I? Or even better? How can I? "
>
> What do you mean by "proper"?
I just want something I can easily traverse with a tree parser.  As
I'm even newer to that, the simpler the tree the better I figure.

Thanks for all your help!!
-ls

--
Evil will win because good is dumb.