[antlr-interest] Name Collision

John B. Brodie jbb at acm.org
Tue Nov 23 10:23:57 PST 2004

Greetings!

I am surprised your grammar processes through Antlr without complaint!

>typeSpec
>    : className
>    : LBRACKET Name1 RBRACKET
>    : LBRACKET MODULE Name1 RBRACKET
>    | type
>    ;

I do not know what having multiple ':'s in a rule means, but Antlr
does not seem to complain. Did you really mean:

typeSpec
    : className
    | LBRACKET Name1 RBRACKET
    | LBRACKET MODULE Name1 RBRACKET
    | type
    ;

I think this is not a Name Collision issue, but rather a bug in
Antlr's overpermissive acceptance of rules having multiple ':'s.

Hope this helps....
	-jbb