[antlr-interest] LA lookahead very long (garbage)

ron_bennatan ron_bennatan at guardium.com
Tue Nov 23 15:44:55 PST 2004

Hi,

We've been using ANTLR very successfully for over a year and love
it. We generate C++ code from the grammars and have 4 parsers being
used by 4 different threads.

Recently we've been experiencing a problem that we've not yet been
able to solve. The system crashes randomly. We tried everything we
can think of to no avail. The wierd thing is that it somehow always
crashes in the parser (and only in one of them) although the code
for using the 4 different parsers is the same. When it does crash it
is because LA (called from nextToken()) has instead of 1 or 2 a
value like 15 Million - obviously garbage due to some memory leak or
misuse.

I know this is not specifically in the parser (or more specifically -
 we are not balmin the parser) but does anyone have any suggestions
or previous such experiences (that were hopefully resolved)?

Thanks,
-Ron