[antlr-interest] Re: New AST and findAll in C++

Terence Parr parrt at cs.usfca.edu
Tue Nov 30 10:23:04 PST 2004

On Nov 30, 2004, at 12:28 AM, lgcraymer wrote:
> Bryan--
>
> These are relic methods from early in SORCERER development.  Best is
> to avoid them--either substitute a tree grammar search or a visitor
> class (easiest way to build a vector of single nodes).  I would be
> surprised if they made it into ANTLR 3.

Actually, per some good comments by Andy and by my own experience,
sometimes you just want to do a quick pattern match in an action and
don't want to go make a rule.  Or, you might be outside a grammar and
don't to go make a new grammar etc...

Anyway, all something to think about once I get lexing/parsing/error
handling nailed. :)

Ter
Cofounder, http://www.jguru.com