[antlr-interest] compilation of antlr C++ runtime witout cerr, cout?

Chris Miner white_fish at mac.com
Thu Oct 7 07:15:53 PDT 2004

I want to my generated parser as part of  a C++ application on a smartphone.
Compiling the antlr library for the target platform fails do to the use of cerr, cout in
BaseAST.cpp, LLkParser.cpp, Parser.cpp, and TreeParser.cpp.

I don't have these output streams on the phone.  This leads me to wonder if I need these
files for the run time to function correctly?  And if they actually must write to cout and cerr
in order to operate correctly? I assume I must need them since they are part of the shared
library build.