[antlr-interest] Why no children in tree generated by C++ parser?

Maurice van der Pot griffon26 at kfk4ever.com
Thu Oct 7 13:42:03 PDT 2004

Hi everyone,

I must say upfront I'm very new to using lexers/parsers etc.
The code that I downloaded from the ANTLR website for parsing C++ parses my
preprocessed C++ files fine, but the AST that I get seems to have only
siblings of the root.

Is this because the C++ grammar does not define any structure for ASTs?
If so, how am I supposed to create a useful tree? Should I modify the
grammar, subclass the parser or is there something else I'm missing?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,
Maurice van der Pot.