[antlr-interest] exact match versus partial match (was: empty tree assertion rule)

whaefelinger ora.et.labora at web.de
Fri Oct 15 00:15:46 PDT 2004

Hello,

Thanks for all the feedback I got regarding my 'nullp' proposal
as it helps me to understand the tree parser details.

I hope you all forgive me my igorance when asking this question:

What is the rational behind the reason that antlr's tree parser
is doing partial matches instead of exact ones?

I found this fact, being new to antlr, rather confusing as I
have to admit.

Thanks,
Wolfgang.