[antlr-interest] DFA's encoded directly in java bytecodes

Terence Parr parrt at cs.usfca.edu
Mon Oct 25 12:13:47 PDT 2004

On Oct 25, 2004, at 11:55 AM, Terence Parr wrote:
> Somebody just mentioned this to me last night (another Martin believe
> it or not) and I and not thought of a "one time executed for loop", but
> you cannot jump *forward* can you?  You can only break out of a
> loop...i thought of break first, naturally.

Ooops...I meant "and I had not thought"...

As I say though I wondered about breaks at first, but then decided that
bytecodes were the only general way to get the gotos.  I do have a nice
little assembler and class file writer now for ANTLR that, while not
completely general, it's damn small.  Assembler and .class file writer
are each about 600 lines.  Could be useful for users of antlr as well
as the tool itself.

Ter
Cofounder, http://www.jguru.com