[antlr-interest] RE: Spoiled windows brat reporting - more windows tips

hero_onethousand ebell at edgeofreality.com
Wed Oct 27 08:28:13 PDT 2004

I have an ANTLR generated parser project for windows under .NET. Like
was mentioned before, you can use custom build steps to invoke ANTLR
during the build process. Instead of using a pre-build step I just
added the .g file to the .vcproj and applied custom build rule to the
.g file. If you are using perforce, you can add p4 commands to the
rule to check out your  generated files as well.

For syntax highlighting I use Visual SlickEdit( v9.0.2 ). Visual
SlickEdit has out of the box syntax highlighting for .g files, and it
can open and build .NET .sln files. With this setup, I only have to
use .NET when adding files to the project. If you have never used
SlickEdit, you should give it a spin. It just might change your life.
I use it almost exclusively. I often have to switch between gcc
makefile and .NET projects. SlickEdit lets me use the same environment
for all of these projects. Its symbol tagging is the best I have
encountered. It is also cross platform. The list goes on.

In summary, it is really easy to get ANTLR working in the .NET
environment. This question comes up often enough that it deserves some
treatment in the documentation or at antlr.org.

Evan A. Bell
Game Programmer
www.edgeofreality.com