[antlr-interest] Re: thoughts on source-to-source workshop at oopsla 2004

Anakreon anakreonmejdi at yahoo.gr
Wed Oct 27 14:35:24 PDT 2004

> I found that I was just getting bogged down trying to keep ASTs
> in my head. I felt it was much easier to write translation rules
> in simple text as shown with the "-->" separator above. That way,
> you never even have to think about ASTs much.

The AST structure does indeed become compicated and difficult to remember.
If your aproach is simpler to implement and understand, and equivalently powerfull
to the AST-AST aproach, it's great. I'll look at jazillian.com for more info.
> Do you have any documentation on your AST-to-AST mechanism?
I do, but unfortunatlly is in greek. The source to source compiler was my
diplomatic thesis for the university. I had to write the docs in greek and now
feel too lazy to translate the docs (60 pages) into (badly spoken) english.
Visit http://storm.cs.unipi.gr for info on the project.