[antlr-interest] How to get back the coordinates from an AST?

fcouche fcouche at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 1 03:11:48 PDT 2004

We use for the moment the last version of ANTLR (2.7.4).
We have our particular grammar and all works fine.

We have to analyse the AST produced by the parser to do an additional
validation. When a
problem is detected during this validation, we would like to
hightlight the error in our
editor. For that, we need to know the coordinates (line,column) using
the AST we are
analysing but the methods getLine() and getColumn() always return 0
(we checked it in the
ANTLR sources in the BaseAST class)!

So how to get back the coordinates from an AST?