[antlr-interest] Another StringTemplate Engine

matthew ford Matthew.Ford at forward.com.au
Wed Sep 1 13:14:07 PDT 2004

I have also created a template engine based in StringTemplates
WebStringTemplate (www.webstringtemplates.com)
It differs from StringTemplates in that it defines a formal
data interface definition file (HTML) which allows the web page design and
the server programming to be completely separated and comes with
extensive documentation.
It also includes the concept of object filters on the server side modify
how the strings are produced by the server for supply to the
data interface.

I kept to the strict separation and aimed at keeping the web side of
 the template engine as simple as possible (there are already too
many languages out there to learn)

To over come the $100 red problem you mentioned and other
formatting issues,  I recommed web page designers using my engine
use javascript to do any UI type formatting.  The server provides the
data strings (as specified by the data interface definition file) and the
web page displays it as it wants.

matthew
P.S. V2 is under development which improves the visabliity of
templates and lets you develope the web pages using just
your favourate HTML editor, the data definition file
and a webpage containing the processing applet.