[antlr-interest] Ant Task for antlr

Matt Benson gudnabrsam at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 7 09:32:45 PDT 2004

Ant's optional ANTLR task was not written and is not
supported by ANTLR (Terence).  I believe the contents
of ANTLR's various jars have changed so you may not
actually need antlr-all.jar .  You should only need
whatever jar it takes to run antlr.Tool .  Anyway, you
won't find an Ant target to build this jar because
ANTLR doesn't have an Ant build file, due to the fact
that Ant violates Ter's principles regarding XML for
human consumption.  In fairness, since he's such a
great guy he did once say that he would include an Ant
build file if someone else would write it (I'll take a
look, Ter).  Basically you just want to DL ANTLR and
use its included build scripts/batch files to build
the jar you need.  First I would try the bundled
antlr.jar though--you might get lucky.

-Matt