[antlr-interest] Lookahead problems - Bug in C++ Runtime?

Ric Klaren klaren at cs.utwente.nl
Fri Sep 17 05:50:28 PDT 2004

On Fri, Sep 17, 2004 at 01:03:25PM +0200, Martin Probst wrote:
> I've done some work to track this down and it seems to be a bug in the
> C++ runtime. I have created a very simple sample grammar and run it
> through ANTLR one time as language="Cpp" and once as language="Java".
> The result is that in java mode everything works fine and the parser is
> LL(1). In C++ mode somehow two tokens are read from the lexer in
> advance.

Thanks for the bug report and the example files. I'll have a look at it (no
guarantee on when though at the moment.. I'm a bit swamped atm)

Cheers,

Ric
    ---- Ric Klaren ----- j.klaren at utwente.nl ----- +31 53 4893755  ----
 'And this 'rebooting' business? Give it a good kicking, do you?' 'Oh, no,
  of course, we ... that is ... well, yes, in fact,' said Ponder. 'Adrian
    goes round the back and ... er ... prods it with his foot. But in a
     technical way,' he added. --- From: Hogfather by Terry Pratchett.