[antlr-interest] StringTemplate2

Joan Pujol joanpujol at gmail.com
Fri Sep 24 11:44:29 PDT 2004

Hi,

> Oh.  Right.  You are setting two parallel arrays essentially.  I have
> no mechanism to walk them at this point (in a really old version I did
> before properties).
I don't understand what you explain above. But  at the finish I solve
the problem with your's under  info.

> Only way is to have it pull from beans and use
> separator.  Are you aware of the
>
> setAttribute("decl.{type,name}", "int", "i");
>
> notation?  It kicks ass.  Dont' have to create your own beans.

Yes I'm aware of this notation, and I read about it in the
documentation and also I have done some test to use it but with no
exit.

Finally I apply it well with:

vardef(def)::= <<
<def:{<it.type> <it.name>};separator="\n">

But I think that the documentation is not very clean with this syntax.
Because after read it twice and doing some tests I din't be able to
use it well. Possibly is my poor English but... I think that the
explanation of Automatic aggregate creation is so technical and it is
not explained why you have to use the it.
It's only a suggestion I appreciate a lot your help and your altruist
work doing StringTemplate and documenting it.

A lot of thanks Ter,
--
Joan Jesús Pujol Espinar