[antlr-interest] ANTLR and cygwin

Tom Verbeure hombre at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 12:54:04 PDT 2004

John,
I posted the cantlr.exe file since it seemed like to good way to help
people out, but I was not aware of all the dependency problems that
cygwin has and in practise, this file seems to create more problems
than it solves.

If you have cygwin already installed with a GCC that supports the JAVA
compiler GCJ, I suggest that you simply recompile cantlr from scratch.
There is page on the website that describes how to do this.

Terence,
obviously, I can't know how many people do not have problems with this
file, but maybe it should simple be dropped? If people have to install
cygwin already anyway, it's only a small step to create an executable
by following the instructions.
Tom