[antlr-interest] Cygwin and 2.7.5 of Antlr

Tom Verbeure hombre at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 18:00:03 PDT 2005

> >I haven't tried compling 2.7.5 yet, but I think that you forgot to do
> >step 4: the ./antrl/debug/misc directory tries to compile swing code,
> >but (as far as I can judge with my very limited understanding of Java
> >and GCJ) this library isn't supported very well for GCJ.
> >That why, in step 4, I simply deleted this directory which magically
> >seemed to solve the problem.
> >
> >Tom
> >
> Have you tried 2.7.5 yet?  I did step 4 and still had the above
> problem.  Please advise.

It seems that by un-jarring the antlr-2.7.5.jar file, .class files are
extracted into the ./antlr/debug/misc directory. Basically, the
instructions are wrong in that steps 4 & 5 should be done AFTER step
6.

I have just tried it this way and it seems to work at least until step
9. I didn't try the later steps.

Terrence,

can you fix the instructions that posted on your website into:
4. Un-jar all the files in the antlr.jar, back into their original
position. jar xfv antlr.jar
5. Delete AWT dependent code: cd basedir/antlr/debug rm -fr misc
6. cd basedir

Tom