[antlr-interest] Any updates on the Python version of String Template?

Travis Caldwell travis_caldwell2000 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 8 14:53:28 PDT 2005

 I got this impression from the StringTemplate home page:
http://www.stringtemplate.org/

    "StringTemplate is a java template engine (with ports for C# and
Python) for generating source code, web pages, emails, or any other
formatted text output."

 Under Ports: "Python version coming early 2005!"

 I found nothing in the file sharing section:
http://www.antlr.org/share/list

 And Google Searching for "stringtemplate python" ironically brings up
the StringTemplate home page.

 I did find http://www.cheetahtemplate.org/ as a Python templating
solution that does not seem to have the huge amount of baggage that
something like Zope/ZPT has.

 I also found some posts (
http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Mail/Message/Jython-users/2040516 )
about people using Jython with the Java StringTemplate.

                 -Travis_Caldwell_