[antlr-interest] Natural language lexical analysis by ANTLR?

Hasan Mushtaq hasan.mushtaq at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 08:23:21 PDT 2005

Hi there,

I have a very important question. I am required to do lexical anaysis
       of a text. That is i am provided with two files, one contains
large text(from an article)
       and the other contains the keywords that i need to find in the article.
       example:
       if keyword = method // present in the keyword file
       then i have to find all varriants of this keyword that are
present in the text
       i.e.
       i have to find methods, methodology, methodologies, method...
       that is all with the same roots. Also the other way around that is if the
       keyword is ionization then i need to find ionize, inonizing..etc

       I have gone through the tutorials getting an idea of how ANTLR
works but i could'nt
       find out if my purpose could be acheived by ANTLR or not.
Please let me know if this is
       possible by ANTLR. If it is where would i get all the grammer from.

       2- Now let me make this a little more complex I have to also
find multiple words
       like basic set = basics settings etc

       3- a little more I have to also find the synonyms.. i.e.

       if keyword= road
       then find highway, street, etc

       parts 2 and 3 are not important right now. please let me know
if the first part is
       possible or not and if yes how ong would it take and where
should i start. Any help would be greatly apprecited. Please reply at
hasan_mushtaq at yahoo.com or hasan.mushtaq at gmail.com

       Best Regards
       Hasan Mushtaq
       Paris - France