[antlr-interest] Re: Case sensitivity

Benjamin Niemann pink at odahoda.de
Fri Apr 29 10:33:11 PDT 2005

Serafettin Senturk wrote:
>   Does anybody know if we can apply the case sensitivity to Parser
>   grammar.
> Actually, I write "caseSensitive=false" in my lexer grammar, then it
> works. But when i do it in my parser, it does not work. Is there any one
> who knows how to make it in another way in Parser grammar?

Do you refer to literals - double quoted strings in parser rules? To make
these case insensitive, you have to set the option
caseSensitiveLiterals=false for the lexer (As Micheal said, only the lexer
handles the 'raw' text. Literals in parser rules are automagically copied
into the lexer's literal table).

--
Benjamin Niemann
Email: pink at odahoda dot de